KidZone: Fairy Tales Creative Writing Prompts
© Contributed by
These creative writing prompts are a fun activity to supplement popular Fairy Tales. I like to encourage the kids to use their imagination and create their own twisted fairy tale ideas.
Each worksheet provides a different inspiration to help spark a child's creative writing.
Draw and Write Worksheets:
Write a story and draw a picture inspired by the writing prompt.
You may wish to provide additional Lined Paper.
Informational Writing Worksheets:
First, Next, Then, Last
Use these words to create an informational writing short manual.
Story Spark Worksheets:
Distribute the story spark worksheet and encourage the children to complete the story based on the first sentence provided.
Cinderella Creative Writing Activities:
Emperor's New Clothes Creative Writing Activities:
- Emperor's New Clothes Draw and Write
- Emperor's New Clothes Informational Writing
- Emperor's New Clothes Story Spark Writing Prompts
Hansel and Gretel Creative Writing Activities:
- Hansel and Gretel Draw and Write
- Hansel and Gretel Informational Writing
- Hansel and Gretel Story Spark Writing Prompts
Persephone Creative Writing Activities:
Puss in Boots Creative Writing Activities:
- Puss in Boots Draw and Write
- Puss in Boots Informational Writing
- Puss in Boots Story Spark Writing Prompts
Rumpelstiltskin Creative Writing Activities:
- Rumpelstiltskin Draw and Write
- Rumpelstiltskin Informational Writing
- Rumpelstiltskin Story Spark Writing Prompts
Sedna Creative Writing Activities:
Thumbelina Creative Writing Activities:
Tall Tales - Paul Bunyan